We have decades of experience finding leaders with successful track records who not only meet organizational needs, but who can elevate organizations to peak levels of performance. Our approach is to serve as your trusted partner to elevate leadership talent, performance and organizational capacity.
While customizing our searches to the unique characteristics and needs of each project and institution, we bring effective, Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. (GA&A) branded processes to make the logistics of the search effective. Our goal is to take care of the details of the search so that the search committee can focus on what only it can do – assess candidates to find the best match for the position and the future of the institution.
As examples of quality results of our searches, we are proud to have provided to our clients placements that included National Academy members. Included in these National Academy placements were a renowned medical doctor and a female dean of engineering.
Our executive search process is now augmented by our new strategic alliance with The Devine Group, a leading-edge organization in the development and use of talent management solutions through the use of objective, predictive analytical tools for hiring and developing.
We now offer optional use of The Devine Inventory as an important tool that can contribute to making the best hiring choice for the position and organization.
Our STANDARD Search Process
- Meet with hiring manager and search committee chair(s) to establish parameters and operational details
- Conduct forums, interviews and/or phone calls with stakeholders as requested
- Search startup meeting with search committee or hiring manager to provide information about search process and establish operational details
- Develop, in consultation with search committee, position profiles, advertising texts and plans, process details, work plans, schedules and budget for project
- Position advertisement and job description in appropriate media outlets
- Promote the organization through our recruiting process
- Identify candidates who match client requirements from original research and GA&A database
- Secure nominations and referrals
- Introduce search to qualified and highly desirable prospects and provide rationale for their application
- Evaluate candidates' experiences as related to client expectations
- Support search committee in its review of all applications through GA&A branded screening and evaluation tools
- Advise search committee and coordinate candidates through round one Interviews
- Perform 360⁰ referencing on finalists
- Conduct analytical competency-based assessments when requested by client
- Coordinate background checking as requested by client
- Facilitate additional rounds of interviews
- Support final recommendation process of search committee
- Assist selection by hiring manager
- Advise hiring manager regarding contract signing, announcement procedures and transition considerations
- Assist selection and negotiations by hiring manager
- Support development of announcement materials and process
- Notify all candidates, nominators and others associated with the search about its outcome
- Accelerate a smooth transition and onboarding process as requested
Functional ExpertiseSenior Leadership Positions e.g., commissioner, president, chancellor, executive director, CEO, vice president, vice chancellor, unit head, superintendent, dean and head of any disciplinary areas.
Academic & Research e.g., faculty in specialized areas, cluster hires, hires to build expertise into new areas, endowed chairs, heads of research centers and units, staff within the research operations.
General Administrative Positions e.g., division heads, department chairs, program directors.
State & System Leaders e.g., heads of system offices and coordinating boards and senior officers of such entities.
Academic and Allied Health Leaders e.g., heads of academic medical complexes and institutions, deans of medicine and allied health academic units, department chairs, program heads, endowed chairs, specialized faculty, heads of research centers and units.
Expertise e.g., academic affairs, administrative operations, advancement, alumni relations, business and finance, enrollment management, diversity, equity and inclusion/inclusive excellence, information technology, general counsel, government relations, human resources, information services, institutional research, international campus, learning services, library, planning, regional campus administration, research, student affairs, student support areas, system services, technology, university relations and all other areas involved in the senior leadership team.
Disciplinary Areas e.g., agriculture, architecture and allied arts, allied human services, arts and sciences, biological sciences, engineering & technology, fine & applied arts, liberal arts & sciences, business administration, computing & informatics, criminal justice, continuing education, criminal justice, dentistry, education, environmental sciences, graduate studies and research, honors, human development, international campus, journalism and mass communication, law, libraries, medicine, music, natural & applied sciences, nursing, pharmacy, professional education, social work, sustainability studies, STEM, theater and performing arts, urban planning, university college, visual arts & design and all other disciplinary areas existing in education.
Making you a part of our network is our business.